Double Cleansing Method: A Quick Skincare Tour
IN THIS BLOG
by Urvi Shah
The double cleansing method, especially at night, is my biggest tip for getting the best out of your skincare routine! As the name suggests, it involves washing your face in two steps - First with a make up remover to break down make-up, SPF, and excess sebum on the skin. Then a second cleanser with a gentle face wash to remove water-based impurities and residue if any from the first cleansing.
If not cleansed properly, makeup, dirt, and pollution can clog your pores and could lead to breakouts, dehydration, and ageing. Not only that, but proper cleansing also helps improve the efficacy of your other active skincare products. However, just washing your face with a water/gel based cleanser can't do the trick every time. That's where the double cleansing method comes to our rescue in our skincare regime.
Double cleansing method should be the first and last stage of your makeup routine. Even if you’re not a makeup wearer, your skin is exposed to physical oil-based SPF or many external aggressors such as dirt, excess oil, reactive particles from air pollution and thus we highly recommend double cleansing especially at night. Let's have a look at how the double cleansing method can benefit your skin!
Benefits of Double Cleansing Method for Healthy Skin
The first stage with an oil based cleanser helps to:
- Breaks down waterproof makeup, physical SPF, and other oil soluble impurities
- De-clogs all the stubborn pores
- Reduces excess oil from the face (remember oil cuts oil) and reduces breakouts
- Nourishes and moisturizes the skin
- Certain oil based cleansers such as Aminu’s Melting Balm Cleanser also have antibacterial properties which help fight acne causing bacteria
The second with a water/gel based cleanser helps to:
- Removes water soluble impurities from the skin surface and pores
- Helps clean the pores from deep and allows the skin to breathe easily
- Leaves the skin hydrated and fresh
- Certain water based cleansers such as Aminu’s AHA Face Wash also contain mild fruit-derived AHAs that help gently exfoliate the skin making it look younger and brighter
Pro tip: Massaging your face is a fantastic way to stimulate lymphatic drainage (will make you less puffy,) and can help gently stimulate collagen production.
A quick face wash might seem like the most convenient way at the end of a hectic day, but it may not give you desired results especially if you wear makeup, SPF, and or are exposed to pollution. To achieve clean and moisturized skin, you could follow the double cleansing regime recommended by Aminu.
Step 1: Cleansing with our make-up remover the Melting Balm Cleanser
Aminu has crafted an excellent Melting Balm cleanser to sweep away every-last trace of makeup, impurities, and grime leaving the skin with an impressively pampering hydration, refreshing, and nourished feel. The cleanser has the goodness of Maori-manuka oil which treats dead skin cells and acne with its antibacterial properties.
The structure of a cleansing balm looks like inside out micellar water with a more nourishing effect on the skin. Melting Balm cleanser can be used by all skin types, including acne sufferers.
Step 2: Cleansing with Cream-Based or Water-Based Cleanser
Aminu recommends using a water-based cleanser such as the Aminu’s AHA Face Wash for individuals with normal, combination or oily or acne-prone skin. People with sensitive or dry skin will be delighted while using Aminu’s Cream Cleanser in the second stage.
- Scoop out a small amount of Aminu’s Melting Balm Cleanser and apply it over your dry face, even with your makeup on. Massage it in circular motions for about one minute.
- Now take a little water and again massage it on your face to turn the oily texture into a milky one. Rinse it off using water and wipe off your face gently with a soft towel.
- Then, use a cream-based cleanser such as Cream Cleanser or water-based cleanser such as AHA Face Wash according to your skin type. Massage it into your face for 60 seconds.
- Wash it off your face or gently wipe it with a wet towel.
- Don't forget to get your beauty sleep!
Stay tuned for more skincare tips and tricks! Meantime, find out your ideal skin regime today!
Urvi Shah is a writer by profession who is a skincare and fashion fanatic. She invests quite her time in learning and trying new skincare and makeup products. She believes taking care of your body and skin is quintessential in this fast-moving modern era.
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this journal are those of the authors and are for information purposes only and not medical advice. Further, they do not reflect the opinions or views of Aminu Wellness Pvt Ltd or any of its directors. Any content provided by the author(s) are of their opinion and are not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, individual, or anyone, or anything.