Why you should include copper peptides in your skincare regime?
Have you ever wondered why kids have super soft and glowing skin? Well, it's because their skin renews itself and heals super quickly. This is called as skin-remodeling! But as we age, that process slows down, and our skin needs external help to speed up that process and regain that baby like soft & glowing skin.
by Prachi Bhandari
What happens as we get older & why skin remodelling slows down?
- Our skin cells take longer to renew, leaving us with thinner, duller, and more delicate skin that takes ~ 9 weeks to replace itself, compared to just 3 weeks in case of kids. As a reason, collagen, and elastin, begin to break down, leading to sagging and loss of firmness.
- We start to see signs of wear and tear, such as scars, sun damage, wrinkles, & broken capillaries, all because of these pesky damaged proteins.
- Our skin's natural defence system weakens - naturally occurring antioxidants drops by a whopping 80% between ages 15 to 60!
How do I speed up the skin remodelling process?
If like me, you also aspire to have soft & naturally glowing skin, Copper Peptides are your best bet. Along with other fantastic ingredients such as Vitamin A, Vitamin C, and some gentle exfoliants, they'll help your skin stay radiant, youthful, and oh-so-gorgeous!
What are copper peptides and where do they come from?
Copper is a vital element for maintaining the health of skin tissue. Copper is critical for the formation and stabilisation of extracellular matrix skin proteins such as collagen and elastin, as well as angiogenesis - the formation of new blood cells. Not only that, but it is also an anti-inflammatory antioxidant, and does a great job in addressing redness and sensitivity. It’s the ultra-pure copper that gives Aminu’s copper peptide serum its natural brilliant blue colour.
Peptides also play several critical roles in promoting healthy skin. Some peptides are the building blocks of our skin (think of them like bricks and your skin as the wall), while some other peptides help signal cell regeneration process. Click here read more about peptides in skincare. Joining copper with peptide(s) makes it a super powerful skincare active.
What does scientific research say about the benefits of Copper Peptides in skincare?
Copper peptides are a must have in your skincare routine given their scientifically backed healing properties and proven effects on the skin -
- Collagen production: Copper Peptides have been shown in studies to stimulate the synthesis of collagen, a crucial protein responsible for maintaining skin elasticity and structure.  By promoting collagen production, these peptides can help improve skin firmness and reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
- Wound healing: Scientific research has demonstrated the effectiveness of Copper Peptides in enhancing the wound healing process. These peptides support tissue repair and regeneration, leading to faster healing and reduced scarring.
- Antioxidant activity: Copper Peptides possess potent antioxidant properties. Numerous studies have confirmed their ability to scavenge free radicals and protect the skin from oxidative stress caused by environmental factors like pollution and UV radiation. 
- Anti-inflammatory effects: Research has shown that Copper Peptides exhibit anti-inflammatory actions, making them beneficial for calming and soothing irritated skin.  This anti-inflammatory property can help alleviate redness and discomfort associated with various skin conditions.
- Skin rejuvenation: Copper Peptides play a significant role in skin rejuvenation. By supporting collagen production, promoting wound healing, and providing antioxidant protection, they contribute to an overall improvement in skin texture, tone, and appearance. 
Why you should add copper peptide in your skincare routine?
As a pro-grade clean beauty brand, our formulas always stem from the absolute fundamental principles of skin health and we use the most innovative technologies & ingredients available to create the best, most effective and sustainable skincare products. The same mission led to the creation of our best-selling Aminu Copper Peptide Serum with the goal of promoting healthy & youthful skin. Let’s take a step back and understand why copper & peptides are essential for healthy youthful skin.
Aminu Copper Peptide Serum contains several copper peptide complexes. However, one that deserves special mention is copper tripeptide - 1. In the skin, copper tripeptide 1 helps remove old, damaged collagen in the skin, and increase regeneration of new, healthy tissue. It is often produced in response to injury as a critical part of the wound healing process. It consists of a copper enzyme and three amino acids. These amino acids are naturally present in the body, but their levels decrease with age and hence we need to topically supplement them.
Let’s dive inside the bottle of Aminu’s Copper Peptide Serum & see what all it has..
- Copper Peptides: Heavily researched since 1973, the do-it-all complex rewinds time for your skin. It is clinically proven to directly boost collagen production (this is a big deal and very few ingredients help directly in doing this), fades fine lines and refines pores.
- 17 Amino Acids + Yeast: They are key to moisturising & enhance skin's barrier function.
- Hyaluronic Acid + Silanols: High-tech organic silicon core combined with low molecular sized Hyaluronic Acid repairs & fills skin with moisture and delivers healthy skin.
- Diglucosyl Gallic Acid: This is ‘next gen’, gold medal winning super active works on abnormal pigmentation via 7 pathways. It is 4x more potent than Vitamin C, and again a clinically proven powerhouse for brightening dull, uneven, scarred, or UV-damaged skin.
- Extract of Guava leaves from Jeju Island: Using highly innovative methods, extracts of guava leaf from Jeju Island, Korea are amplified and optimised biologically to prevents premature signs of ageing and inflammation.
How will Aminu’s Copper Peptide Serum improve my skin health?
Copper Peptide Serum helps combat the signs of ageing, support the skin's natural healing processes, and protect it from environmental damage. The result is healthier, more youthful-looking skin with a smoother, firmer, and radiant complexion.
When starting with Copper Peptides, it's essential to introduce them gradually into your routine to let your skin adjust. Start by using only a few times a week, then gradually increase to 2x a day as your skin becomes accustomed.
Remember, consistency is key! By adding copper peptides to your skincare routine, you can achieve healthier, more radiant, and younger-looking skin over time.
Aminu is professional grade clean skincare with a mission to achieve healthy skin for everyone. Crafted by cosmetologists the brand is powered by goodness of ingredients from 40+ countries with advanced delivery technologies to repair and maintain skin health at cellular level.
 Pickart, L., Margolina, A. (1999). Regenerative Stimulation of Extracellular Matrix Formation. Dermatologic Surgery, 25(3), 223-230.
 Agren, M. S., Soderberg, T. A., Liden, S., et al. (1992). Copper Inhibits the Inflammatory Response in Wounds. Inflammation, 16(4), 233-246.
 Wang, A. M., Ma, C., Xie, Z. H., et al. (2004). Use of copper peptide-containing compositions for wound healing. US Patent No. US6838437B1.
 Kim, H. K., Choi, S., Kang, B., et al. (2014). Copper Tripeptide-1 Suppresses the Inflammatory Response to Participate in the Restorative Processes of the Skin. BioMed Research International, 2014, 1-8.
 Lintner, K., Peschard, O., Grillon, C., et al. (1988). Biochemical Studies on the Biological Activity of a New Copper-Peptide Complex (GHK-Cu) in Skin Physiology. European Journal of Pharmacology: Molecular Pharmacology, 144(2), 245-248.